Friday, March 8, 2013

Skinny Kitty Meditations-167 days left- Transcendental Meditation Cat!


Skinny Kitty Meditations- 167 days in our fat cat challenge
Today I began using Transcendental Meditation. There are many websites you can look into for your decision on using this, but this is what I did.



For 20 minutes I turned off the music, lowered the blinds so only low light came in, sat comfortably and repeated a nonsensical word (meaning a word I made up in my mind).
You can also do this with a mantra or sanskrit term.
I found it helpful for the word to hold no meaning.
What you are achieving is going deeper inward, into your subconscious, where the director of your life's movie is taking pictures.
I found it easy and many pictures and thoughts floated through, but you're not to constrict those thoughts, just allow. Continue to repeat your phrase until you are no longer conscious of the phrase being spoken.
In my meditation, I simply repeated it in my mind silently.
After 20 minutes, I was harshly brought back into this world by my Droid alarm.
Warning: Please set your alarm to a pleasing easy sound, such as birds chirping or waterfall. This almost gave me such a start that I was discombobulated for several minutes. Then Jeff called me and for at least 5 minutes of that conversation I was still not in the here and now and probably didn't make any sense.

Here's what I've noticed taking place since I started doing any type of meditation daily:
My environment is in order.
My emotions are more centered.
I have a thirst for water, not soda, tea or coffee
My intuition is off the charts, and has a remarkable predictability rate
Situations that arise are just that, "situations" no matter their intensity

I have to admit, I feel like a fat cat today, all fluffed out and waiting to curl up and take a nap. Salvadore has been going through his own vibrational shift. He's moved several times around our couch, and began sleeping in all sorts of places. He's expanded his "area" of what is his and seems to be getting a bit more loving. 

Enjoy your weekend, I'll be back on Monday to start logging our meditations again. Even though I am not here during the weekend,know that I am still meditating, but if you choose to take a break throughout the weekend, this is your choice. At least do a few simple deep breaths in the morning and again in the evening. I'm excited to see how your meditation is going, so feel free to write me at
jeannieirwinpsychic@gmail.com or visit and Join our Community on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment