Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Skinny Kitty Meditations-Mindfulness- 173 days in our challenge!

independence is my middle name, mew!

Skinny Kitty Meditation-Mindfulness Meditation,(2-27-13)--173 days in our Challenge to reach a fat cat soul!

Today I decided to practice Mindfulness Meditation which is about achieving a mind that’s stable and calm without struggle. To do this one needs only to be mindful of the things, feelings, around you.
Sitting and observing through all your senses without judgment what is happening around you, and allowing your thoughts to drift in and out without restriction. This isn't about blanking out, but instead being perfectly in the moment with intelligence.

I began by preparing my environment. Essential oils in burner today were clary sage, cedarwood, frankincense, orange, and amber.
I put Mantra Radio on Pandora and let it flow softly in the background, then proceeded to eat a small bowl of yogurt, with dried strawberries and oatmeal cereal sprinkled atop.
The internet man was scheduled to arrive sometime between 8-noon. Salvadore kitty relaxed patiently on the couch beside me. Always I clear my living environment of clutter or dirty dishes from breakfast before beginning.
Your gaze as mine should be in a downward fashion, not really focusing on anything in particular. The focus is soft. Breathing should be natural. Focusing on how it feels to inhale and exhale and being completely in the moment of now. Allow your mind to continue to go where it will, and if you have a steady stream of thought that bothers you, simply say, *just thinking* as Pema Chodron explains in her practice and go back to focusing on your breath, without trying to adjust or manipulate it.
I began my mindfulness today at 15 minutes. You should only try small increments of time with meditation when first starting a new type of meditation such as this. It should never be a chore. This is about expanding the mind, not stressing it out.
It’s been awhile since I've practiced mindfulness meditation, but it can be so helpful in all areas of your life. You’ll notice yourself being calmer in uptight situations and easier to think before acting. This meditation as all, is great for blood pressure and balancing the bodies energies. Remember to sit up straight, so that the energy can flow correctly.
BTW, a side note to yesterdays blog. I had a movie prepared for me and my son to watch together when he got home from school. Later I asked him to visit with me about his day while I was making dinner. I incorporated my 9 yr old daughter by asking her to cut up the homemade dumplings.  We finished dinner with another pleasant convo, in which my hubby got to hear much more from our son than I, it seems he left some stuff just to share  with Dad! We capped the evening off by watching (we’re usually not big TV people) the new Men In Black 3.
Today I realized in meditation that not only does how I treat my body affect my meditation but that meditation truly affects how I treat my body. I am becoming much more conscious of the different energies affecting and around me, both in neighbors, sound, visual and mental. I want to be a fat cat with a litter of happy kittens snuggled in deep, so I’ve adapted a warmer atmosphere with my children, and an open door policy, instead of my very Scorpio tendency to need so much private time. The daily Skinny Kitty Meditations with you has helped me immensely with giving of myself without limitations on my time. Before our meditations, I was so used up by the end of the day I had no more to give.
I’m a sleek, smooth kitty with plenty of window gazing in the daytime when I’m alone, and I love being close to my family at night! 
Join our community on facebook- SkinnyKittyFacebook

No comments:

Post a Comment